Tuesday 6 August 2013

Definition: triptease (noun)

triptease (noun) - a sequence of social media activity from one person, demonstrating the highlights of their current or recent travel experience. A prolific "tripteaser" will be posting in real-time on a variety of social media outlets including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and blogs - like this one.

If you stumbled across this blog looking for XXX content, then Google has failed you. Sorry! I hope you’re not too disappointed. In doing a little research, if you type "tripteased" into google, you'll get adult results by the end of page 1, so I'm in good company..?

What this blog is really about is still yet to be defined. My posts will be loosely tied together under the category "travel", but it's more about the people and places that inspire me - whether that be at home or overseas. 

Travelling overseas to Vietnam when I was 18 was a key experience for me - it led me to my interest in travel, but also one of my other interests - development. As an idea, a sector or industry, a process and a criticism. Development is one of those words that doesn't have a widely accepted definition, but the concept of community progress for the welfare of its people is what really interests me, and that seems to fit under the D-word for the most part.

I'm very lucky in that, at the moment, travel is both my passion and part of my job. Thanks to my current role, I've been to some places in the world I wouldn't have imagined, and there is more to come.  

So, welcome to the blog of a triptease.

Vietnam - discovering my love of travel

No comments:

Post a Comment